Waif-thin supermodels who seemed more malnourished than slim are now images of the past. Celebrities, supermodels who grace centerspread of fashion magazines have embraced healthy body over size zero, and look no more anorexic. Bella Hadid, Miranda Kerr, Kylie Jenner, Irina Shayk, Alessandra Ambrosio are all great inspirations because they are healthy and fit at the same time, and people who do not starve themselves to look thin. In fact, Paloma Elsesser, who is a plus size model is a favorite of Pat McGrath and a much sought-after supermodel. In this post, we will list out habits that help supermodels to stay slim the healthy way.
12 Habits that Supermodels Practice to Stay Slim the Healthy Way:
1. They practice portion control: Most researchers have observed that skinny people tend to portion control their food and most often eat food from a bowl rather than a plate so as to control calories during all meals. When you use small plates or bowls, you tend to take smaller amount of food and that would prevent you from eating more than you need. There’s also an amazing scientific study that states that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick that bowl.
2. They chew slowly: Chewing slowly is a technique that helps you in eating mindfully. When you eat slowly, you would eat the correct amount of calories that your body needs, instead of indulging in overeating.
3. They have early dinner: Most supermodels finish their dinner by 7 pm and do not touch a morsel after sun down. By the end of the day, our metabolism becomes extremely sluggish and late-night dinners and snacking would mean storage of calories as fat, most probably around your abdominal area.
4. They believe in the power of green smoothie: Kale, cucumber, lemon, ginger, mint are some common ingredients that you can find in a supermodel’s refrigerator. Green smoothies are not only healthy, they are incredibly filling and supply a good amount of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. On Rati Beauty diet programs, we have some amazing smoothie recipes that you could try to lose weight.
5. They practice yoga: Yoga is not only a great way to relax and meditate, it helps to tone and slim down. Supermodels and celebrities practice yoga to stay fit and healthy.
6. They don’t overeat: Supermodels eat mindfully and usually refrain from eating chips and other unhealthy junk food which may act as triggers to overeating. Most supermodels munch on nuts which have healthy fat and protein content which keeps them full for longer periods and prevent overeating.
7. They have a cheat meal once a week: Yes, to reset their metabolism, supermodels do have a cheat meal once a week. They get to eat ice cream, muffins, and even pizza, but they know, it’s a “cheat meal,” and not a “cheat day.”
8. They get their sweet tooth satisfied from fruits and natural sugars: Most of them having missing “sweet tooth” or even if they have, they indulge in healthy treats like fresh fruits, banana oats smoothie, dark chocolate, or peanut butter. Candies, sweets are not for them.
9. They consume high protein diet: Supermodels have a diet high in protein because it ncreases the levels of the satiety hormones, reduces appetite thereby also reducing the hunger hormone. In order to lose weight fast, you need to consume more protein and less of carbohydrates and fats. This way, you boost satiety hormones and keep the hunger hormones in check, which in turn means that you will be less likely to binge and eat calories.
10. They take a good amount of fiber: Fiber-rich food helps to reduce appetite to a great extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body.
11. They love black coffee: Caffeine in the black coffee increase metabolic rate and help your body burn more calories. It also acts as an appetite suppressant which means you would feel less hunger pangs through the day. It is also a thermogenic compound which helps calories that you ingest to get burned out as heat and therefore less amount of calories are left behind to be stored as fat. To put these into points, caffeine does all these for weight loss:
12. By the third bite, they push the dessert plate away: Yes, in fact, it’s a common habit of people who are slim. They tend to show restraint around sugary delights and usually savour every bite they take instead of gulping the food. So, by the third bite, they are usually satisfied and want to eat no more, so push the dessert plate away.
How High Protein Diet Can Help you Lose Weight
Which Protein is Good for Women to Lose Weight – Whey or Pea
10 Beauty Tricks Every Gorgeous Supermodel Knows Of
Beauty Secrets of International Supermodels